Water tank facts
Brockman Engineering’s reputation in the water industry is unsurpassed. With tanks of all shapes, sizes and capacities it’s sometimes hard to imagine the sheer size of these tanks… so here are some fun water facts to put all the data in perspective!
Wacky water facts
- The capacity of Brockman Engineering’s largest water storage tank is 53 megalitres, the equivalent of 53 million litres, or 265,000 ten minute showers!
- An average ten minute shower uses 200litres of water.
- An average single cistern toilet flush uses 10 litres of water.
- A soccer pitch is 90metres wide, the same as Brockman’s widest water storage tank.
- Diving platforms are 10metres tall, the same height as Brockman Engineering’s tallest tank for the water industry.
- Water or ice covers about 80% of the world.
- Only 1% of the world's water is suitable for human needs, 97% is salt water in the ocean and 2% is ice.
- An average person can survive for nearly two months without food, but less than a week without drinking water.
- The human body loses 3 to 3.5 litres of water in an average day. This may be Increased by exercise and climatic conditions.
- An average tap flows at a rate of 20 litres per minute, depending on how far it's turned on.